Quick post to update the Fall Into Reading Challenge! I’m halfway through The Book of Negroes – very good read! And I’m adding this book to my list:
- Book of Ephesians (Bible Study) – a virtual Bible Study on the message boards with my Christian Playgroup. ~ Added September 30th
On another note, I’d like to announce that Baby #2 joined our family on September 21st! 😀 Little Miss C came into the world right here at home (planned! And what a great experience it was ♥), at 3:37 am, after a mere 3 hours labour (I know – sorry ladies! lol But short labours ARE also very intense ones 😉 ). She weighted 9 lbs 8 oz – a big baby!
We’re doing good, trying to rest while we can, and I’m enjoying the last few days of my husband’s vacation – he’s going back to work on Monday 😦 Granted, he works from home… 🙂 But he’s still in his office and not fully available. Our eldest is adjusting well to the change, a few bigger tantrums and a bit of attitude, but otherwise she’s doing good, and clearly loves her sister! She’s very cute with her, always taking care of her, sharing her stuffies when she cries, wanting to stroke her… aww. 🙂
Kay – back to reading LOL (with all the nursing sessions going on, I actually have quite a bit of reading time!)
Callapidder Days always hosts, every fall and every spring, a casual reading challenge. The aim is not to beat anyone, or to win anything. It’s just to gather a personal reading list, your goals for the season. It can be 1 or 2 books, or a dozen, and it can include additional challenges like reducing that magazine pile.
So I thought I’d put together a list! It’s not extremely huge – considering I’ll have a newborn (any day now!), I figured I would get limited reading time – or tons of it (sleepless nights, nursing marathons…) I actually read a LOT of books when I had my first one! But then again, she was my FIRST one. Now I have a toddler in the mix 😉
Even if you’re not participating in the challenge, be sure to visit the blog: she always hosts cool contests, and they are opened to everyone!
Here is my list for this season!
- Finish The Mission of Motherhood (Sally Clarkson), if I haven’t done so already by Sept. 22nd (I only have 30ish pages left – pre-writing this post on the 19th)
- The Book of Negroes, by Lawrence Hill – SAHP’s Book Club’s next selection. Not 100% finalized yet, but it’s the book with the most votes. In any case, I have it checked out from the library, and it looks good, so I’ll be reading that.
- Olive Kitteridge, by Elizabeth Strout – also semi-official selection for SAHP’s Book Club. On hold at the library – when I get it, if the selection is not finalized yet, I will look through it and decide if I want to read it. I reserve the right to substitute this book for another in my To Read pile if not.
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery – same as above
- Preparing My Heart for Advent, by Ann Marie Stewart – this is the next Bible Study selection for my Christian Playgroup, which we’ll be starting in November.
- Take the Fight Out of Food, by Donna Fish – I’ve had this book for awhile – we have lots of issues with our oldest and her eating, and good friends recommended that book. Have yet to actually read it, so I’m putting it on my list!
I think that’s it for now! Seems like more than enough to keep me busy anyway 😉
I have some magazines to get through as well (currently reading the April 2010 issue of Today’s Parents, and my Nutrition Action magazine is even more behind), so I’ll keep working through that as well.
I might add some books through the challenge if I find I have the time! lol